The World's Shortest Marriage

I was married for about five minutes to a guy disguised as the Man of my Dreams. However, Dear Husband had a Secret Life. Watch in horror as I deal with the fallout of the World's Shortest Marriage.

Saturday, January 13, 2007

Time for a Tune-Up

Self-care is a funny thing - if you're not giving any, you're not getting any.

I haven't been taking good care of myself at all lately. Despite my sometimes-good intentions, I've cut out nearly everything that keeps me healthy - mainly exercise, good food, and sleep.

And unfortunately, this kind of self-neglect seems to snowball. So does the emotional wreckage that goes along with it. This last week has been particularly bad - my self-abuse manifested itself into physical pain that grew nearly intolerable as the week progressed. By Friday, I had been nursing a headache for five days that was totally unimpressed by any amount of OTC pain reliever I threw at it, and was starting to fantasize about jumping off a bridge.

So I finally took some steps toward mental and physical health. I made an appointment with D, a fabulous deep-tissue massage therapist who has no problem digging nearly to China to work the kinks out of my muscles.

By the time D finished working his two hours of muscle magic, I finally felt like I wanted to live again. A trip to the Korean spa, a good dinner, and A's magical presence and fantastic body work sealed the deal.

It's time to start taking care of myself. The 18-hours-a-day-hunched-over-the-computer plan doesn't seem to be working for me. It's time for a change.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home