The World's Shortest Marriage

I was married for about five minutes to a guy disguised as the Man of my Dreams. However, Dear Husband had a Secret Life. Watch in horror as I deal with the fallout of the World's Shortest Marriage.

Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Hallelujah

I'm not sure exactly how it happened, but I got a lot done today.

I woke up at the crack of dawn (7:30) and started working immediately. By 10 am, I had not only completed several pages of my current project, I had also washed the dishes and done a load of laundry.

I sort of lost momentum later, but it still turned out to be a very productive day. I got a lot of work done. I got the bills paid and took Cosmo on a walk and to the park. I continued my campaign of revenge against Dear Husband. I harangued Cheap Landlord about the hole in my bathroom. I even took some feeble steps toward cleaning out my nightmarish bedroom closet. And I still managed to squeeze in a nap.

This may not seem like a lot, but from my perspective it was truly an incredible day. For the last couple of months, it's sometimes been a struggle to even get dressed in the morning. And disciplining myself to work steadily has been a major issue.

I'm not that big on New Year's resolutions, but I hope the coming year brings the ability to use my time wisely, to balance work and play, and to take care of the things I need to accomplish before they become problems. If I have many days like today, 2007 will be a fantastic year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home