The World's Shortest Marriage

I was married for about five minutes to a guy disguised as the Man of my Dreams. However, Dear Husband had a Secret Life. Watch in horror as I deal with the fallout of the World's Shortest Marriage.

Friday, December 29, 2006

The Zen of Bath

Something miraculous happened today.

No, not Cheap Landlord fixing something inside my apartment, although that's a miracle too. No, today I rediscovered the joy of taking a bath.

My apartment is pretty decent, but I've never liked the bathroom - it's small and always seemed kind of scuzzy. The bathtub was its worst feature - years ago, CL installed icky mirrored shower doors that were slightly too large for the opening, and the constant pressure slowly shifted the tiled tub foot to the south. Each time this happened, CL applied a thick layer of plaster to the tub foot until, by the time I moved in, it looked like a plaster cast put on at a back-alley medical clinic by a doctor who had lost his license to practice medicine.

In mid-November, the plaster cracked again, and after just six weeks of nagging CL daily and finally threatening to withhold my rent, a worker came today and demolished my bathroom. To my great joy, he removed the hated shower doors and the rotten tub foot.

He left without finishing the job, and the bathroom still looks like it belongs in a crackhouse, but in just a few short hours, he feng shui'd my bathroom in a way I never thought possible, and unblocked my bath chi. The bathroom now feels much more open and airy, and I immediately scrubbed his footprints out of the tub and filled it with hot water.

I'd forgotten how restorative it is to lounge in a hot bath. I spent an enjoyable hour lolling in the tub with a magazine, and when I got out, I felt like a new woman.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home