The World's Shortest Marriage

I was married for about five minutes to a guy disguised as the Man of my Dreams. However, Dear Husband had a Secret Life. Watch in horror as I deal with the fallout of the World's Shortest Marriage.

Wednesday, December 13, 2006

The Cycle Begins Again

Well, it's official - Dear Husband has snared his Next Victim.

I learned this when I was (not so) innocently browsing the Internet and came across DH's MySpace page. I saw that he's divorced already (Los Angeles County must have processed his paperwork more quickly than mine). I saw that he's suddenly developed ambition. And then I saw NV listed as one of DH's few interests.

Of course I couldn't help but mosey over to NV's MySpace page to check her out. I instantly saw the source of DH's newfound ambition - NV likes people who are ambitious! She also wants a relationship with someone who values trust, honesty, integrity and character as much as she does.

WTF? She wants someone with character and she chose.....DH???? I was flabbergasted. Then I remembered how sincere DH can seem when you want to see him that way. I hope she sees him for what he really is before she gets in too deep.

But obviously my concern for her isn't entirely altruistic - not even close. I'm bitter. And jealous. And catty. And a major hypocrite. And still very, very angry.

I was instantly tempted to fire off a warning email to NV, but I managed to restrain myself. But I couldn't help sending him a flaming missive. Of course I'm sorry now. NV will become another stop on DH's Trail of Tears, or she'll see him for what he really is. Either way, it's none of my business.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home