The World's Shortest Marriage

I was married for about five minutes to a guy disguised as the Man of my Dreams. However, Dear Husband had a Secret Life. Watch in horror as I deal with the fallout of the World's Shortest Marriage.

Wednesday, November 22, 2006

One of the Seven Deadly Sins

Okay, everyone knows I suffer from all of them.

But one in particular has been rearing its ugly head lately.

I've never been the cleanest or the most energetic person in the world. Anyone who has had the misfortune to ride in my car can attest to that. But lately my slothfulness has become, um, more pronounced.

Lately it seems like too much of an effort to take out the trash. I've been meaning to give Cosmo a bath for about two months. I've been putting dishes in the sink to soak for about three days. And sometimes when I'm getting ready for bed I realize that I've forgotten to shower that day.

I know, ewwwww. Even I'm getting grossed out. Every couple of days I vow to change my ways - I wash the dishes, run the vacuum, scrub the coffee stains from the counters. It's not quite as bad as it sounds - I'm still obsessed with clean laundry and daily bathing - I just don't shower at a time when the people around me can enjoy it.

But I need to get my act together. It doesn't help that I have three dogs that are bigger slobs than I am, if that's even possible. But I'm the designated maid and kibble provider, so I need to get my ass in gear. Then I can focus all of my attention on the other six deadly sins.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home