The World's Shortest Marriage

I was married for about five minutes to a guy disguised as the Man of my Dreams. However, Dear Husband had a Secret Life. Watch in horror as I deal with the fallout of the World's Shortest Marriage.

Thursday, December 28, 2006

It's Go Time!

When I collected my mail yesterday, my respect for Dear Husband hit rock bottom and started to dig.

It turns out that DH hasn't paid a single dime toward the $500+ hospital bill he incurred last summer after the calcium deposits in his brain leached down to his kidneys and formed a stone. The debt has now been sent to a collection agency, and as the person who actually has the insurance, guess who's going to debtor's prison? That's right. Moi.

Although I can't possibly repay DH all the grief he's given me, I'm certainly willing to try. I've already begun to slake my thirst for revenge. It's amazing what one incredibly pissed-off woman can accomplish in one afternoon with an internet connection, a phone, and a wallet full of credit cards with ridiculously high limits.

I used to feel sorry for First Wife because she was so bogged down with anger toward DH. But the impossible has happened - I now understand where FW is coming from. My old zenlike desire to replace my rage at DH with loving forgiveness now seems a little quaint.

Anyway, it's hard to feel serene when you have flames shooting out of your head. I suppose I'll start working on my spiritual life again soon. But right now, I have, um, things to do. The less you know about it the better.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home