The World's Shortest Marriage

I was married for about five minutes to a guy disguised as the Man of my Dreams. However, Dear Husband had a Secret Life. Watch in horror as I deal with the fallout of the World's Shortest Marriage.

Tuesday, January 09, 2007

I Did a Bad, Bad Thing

After telling myself for weeks that I wouldn't, I emailed Dear Husband's Next Victim last night during a fit of pique.

I gave her a basic outline of DH's betrayal and lies, let her know that he's still advertising on the Internet for sex with men, apologized for disrupting her life, and wished her luck either way.

I am concerned about her, but that's not why I sent the email. I sent it because I'm totally disgusted that DH is screwing me over again after screwing me over so royally the first time. I did it because he is refusing to address his financial responsibilities. But mostly, I did it because I wanted to hurt him.

The impulse passed, but unfortunately I had already sent the email. I woke up this morning filled with regrets, and dreading a response. But there was none.

Finally, this afternoon, I received an email that completely flummoxed me. I had imagined several responses that NV might make to my email, including no response at all, but this sure wasn't one of them. It was a computer-generated email that said NV had invited me to join MySpace.

Was this NV's way of acknowledging my email without actually having to say anything? Did she even read the email? Has she suffered a head injury in the not-too-distant past?

But that's neither here nor there. Trying to figure out what goes on inside NV's head is even more futile than trying to puzzle out DH's thought processes. And why should I care about either?

But obviously I do. I wish I didn't. Someday I won't. Until then, I obviously need a computer chaperone.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home