The World's Shortest Marriage

I was married for about five minutes to a guy disguised as the Man of my Dreams. However, Dear Husband had a Secret Life. Watch in horror as I deal with the fallout of the World's Shortest Marriage.

Sunday, January 07, 2007

Double, Double, Toil and Trouble

As part of my ongoing campaign to get Dear Husband to meet his financial 0bligations, A offered to put a hex on him.

A is an ordained Wiccan priestess who, when she gets into her witchy mode, appears to be about nine feet tall and is not a person I would ever mess with. She explained to me that ethical witches invoke hexes that are designed to get stubborn individuals like DH to do what they should be doing anyway.

She compared her hex to a scene from the film "A Color Purple," where the beleaguered Celie finally stands up to her loser husband Albert.

"Until you do right by me everything you think about is gonna crumble!"

Sounds good to me.

My only fear is that DH's life is crumbling so much already that he might not notice the difference.

But I have faith in the process. I've seen A in action often enough to know that she wrangles with things that I can't begin to see or understand.

Now if only I could get her to work her magic on Cheap Landlord. But that might be pushing my luck.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home