The World's Shortest Marriage

I was married for about five minutes to a guy disguised as the Man of my Dreams. However, Dear Husband had a Secret Life. Watch in horror as I deal with the fallout of the World's Shortest Marriage.

Wednesday, January 03, 2007

I Hate Everyone

People are really getting on my nerves.

I don't really hate them, and it's not really everyone. But saying it seems to fit my angry, annoyed, self-pitying mood right now.

The last couple of days have been filled with one frustrating exchange after another. Dear Husband dodged my email about his unpaid hospital bill and then responded to another by calling me a whore. Again. My friend L, who hasn't had sex in about four years, pretty much called me the same thing. Again.

Cheap Landlord made me call him six times a day for a week before finally, finally sending someone over to fill the hole in my bathroom. My upstairs neighbor has apparently opened a daycare center, or a bed-and-breakfast, or both, directly above my home office, and refuses to tone down the noise even one decibel.

And my friend K has decided to move to Florida to live with his sister because he's tired of doing everything on his own and not being able to count on anyone here. I think very sick people are a little like toddlers - they tend to live in the moment. I've spent a lot of time and money over the past year making sure K's needs were met, but it seems to have slipped his mind.

So I'm frustrated. And very irritable. And I have a headache. And the most annoying thing of all is that all of these obnoxious people have only one thing in common - me.

I need to get out - outside of my head, out of this apartment, out of this funk. Life seemed so fabulous just a couple of days ago. Of course that's the good news - life will seem wonderful again soon. But until then I hate everyone.

1 Comments:

Blogger retromercury said...

I'm sorry.

10:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home