The World's Shortest Marriage

I was married for about five minutes to a guy disguised as the Man of my Dreams. However, Dear Husband had a Secret Life. Watch in horror as I deal with the fallout of the World's Shortest Marriage.

Monday, February 19, 2007

Cleaning House

I woke up in a funny mood this morning.

My eyes snapped open at 6 am and I immediately realized that the mess in my apartment was crippling my chi.

I started rummaging through drawers and cupboards discarding things, shredding old paperwork, and boxing stuff to send to the Goodwill. Although this type of cleaning always seems to create more of a mess than it resolves, by noon I was really happy - I had divested myself of about four cubic feet of crap.

Best of all, I decided to take another stab at gettting rid of the evil chef's evil KitchenAid mixer, and this time I succeeded within the hour. I posted it online (this time I left "priced for revenge" out of my ad) and a happy couple came immediately to take it away.

Although I thought I had already disposed of most of the reminders of Dear Husband's and my wedding, I found more - photos, leftover invitations, some of the crap that graced the head table, and a couple of hideous wedding presents. Luckily I was in one of those fabulous purging moods, and everything went into the giveaway box or the trash without a shred of emotion.

I don't know where this mood is going to take me, but I hope it's out of the doldrums that I've been in for weeks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home