The World's Shortest Marriage

I was married for about five minutes to a guy disguised as the Man of my Dreams. However, Dear Husband had a Secret Life. Watch in horror as I deal with the fallout of the World's Shortest Marriage.

Monday, June 25, 2007

Peace at Last


A strange feeling has overtaken me in the past day or so.

It feels like serenity.

It's such an unfamiliar feeling that I damn near didn't recognize it. But there it was - an undeniable feeling of happiness and gratitude, the certainty that everything is going to be okay no matter what.

This strange feeling even survived a very trying day today. Things that would normally drive me batshit just couldn't touch me.

Tonight, as I was walking down Sunset Boulevard with the dogs, listening to the Beatles on my headphones in the gathering dusk and watching a jetstream scratch across the pink western sky, an overpowering feeling of joy settled over me.

I don't know how long it will last. I'm just happy it's here.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am glad for you. I hope it lasts and lasts.

(Lying males suck.)

Cynthia

8:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home