The World's Shortest Marriage

I was married for about five minutes to a guy disguised as the Man of my Dreams. However, Dear Husband had a Secret Life. Watch in horror as I deal with the fallout of the World's Shortest Marriage.

Friday, March 30, 2007

Gridlock

After putting it off for weeks, I finally got my hair cut yesterday.

They guy who does my hair isn't very talkative, especially for a hairstylist. I let him work his magic in silence. About halfway through the haircut, though, he asked me how I was doing and inquired about a situation we'd discussed the last time I was there.

I told him it was still the same. 'You know when something really isn't working but you keep doing it because you hope that someday it will?' I asked

'Oh, honey, I stopped running through red lights years ago,' he clucked, and went back to trimming my hair.

Great, my hairstylist knows more about living life than I do.

Lately it seems like everyone does. I'm wallowing in that kind of perpetual low-grade funk that makes everyone else's life seem fantastic by comparison.

Deep down, I know that my life is amazingly blessed, but it just doesn't feel that way right now. I feel flat and tired and like nothing good is going to happen to me ever again. I kind of feel like I'm stuck in rush-hour traffic, frustrated and angry about the delay even though I have nothing to go home to.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home