The World's Shortest Marriage

I was married for about five minutes to a guy disguised as the Man of my Dreams. However, Dear Husband had a Secret Life. Watch in horror as I deal with the fallout of the World's Shortest Marriage.

Thursday, May 24, 2007

Mail Call

Today's mail brought some interesting correspondence for Dear Husband.

DH apparently stiffed Verizon for more than $500 in phone service. My heart stopped for a moment when I saw the collection notice - I wondered whether this debt was accrued during the World's Shortest Marriage, and therefore my responsibility. It wouldn't surprise me at all to know that DH had a secret phone number to go along with his secret life and secret myspace page.

But no. A quick phone call to the world's friendliest collection agent revealed that DH screwed the phone company during the time he was hiding out in the desert licking his wounds after First Wife booted his ass out.

After the collection agent and I shared a few chuckles about what a loser DH is, I offered her his parent's address and his cell phone number. Maybe they can also share a few laughs.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home