The World's Shortest Marriage

I was married for about five minutes to a guy disguised as the Man of my Dreams. However, Dear Husband had a Secret Life. Watch in horror as I deal with the fallout of the World's Shortest Marriage.

Monday, September 11, 2006

Terms and Conditions Apply


The divorce papers have finally arrived, and Dear Husband has agreed to sign them, as promised - as long as I meet his demands.

I knew his pledge to make our divorce as uneventful as possible was too good to be true. Two days after I contacted him to tell him the papers had arrived, he was kind enough to respond. He said he would be happy to sign the papers, provided I gave him the television, the stereo, the kitchen aide mixer, and a bunch of other stuff.

Apparently my response to his previous request for these items flew right through the hole in his head or the space where his heart should be. I said, okay, you broke my heart, destroyed our marriage, humiliated me beyond belief, and now you want the tube and the music? He replied that he would settle for the stereo.

But he's changed his mind. He also wants his springform pans back - sounds like he's in the mood to make cheesecake again. I'm glad his life is getting back to normal. It must be - he's still not making the minimum payment on his credit card. That may be because he got fired from another job. It's good to know that he's at least consistent.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home